Friday, July 31, 2009

Last Surgeon Visit

Today was my last visit with the surgeon prior to my surgery. Basically it was the day I got to ask all of my final questions and pick up the prescriptions for the pain medications I will be on post-surgery. It was fairly uneventful, although he did say some things that conflicted with what I was told during the pre-admission tests. He told me he would not use a catheter (phew! for some reason this is the thing that has been making me the most nervous about the surgery) and that I did not need to take my patch off prior to surgery (they seemed very insistent about this during the tests).

The only funny thing about the meeting was he was telling me about some of the ridiculous things the hospital makes him do and forms they make him fill out. One form that needs to be filled out prior to them discharging me is one that asks him if I am allowed to have sex, and next to the 'yes' and 'no' boxes are boxes that say 'supervised' or 'unsupervised'.

1 comment: