Wednesday, August 5, 2009

One week

One week from today I will be having my surgery. I am starting to get pretty nervous, not so much about the surgery itself but about the recovery and the inability to eat solid food. Luckily, a friend of ours who is a chef at our favorite restaurant in Providence said he would make me some food while I am recovering so I wont be stuck eating tomato soup and ice cream all day. With Joe making me things to eat, I may never want to go back to eating solid food again!

What I am most anxious about it not being able to run for 4 weeks. So far this year my running has been going pretty well. I had a few months where I hit 250 miles and have been consistently running around 45 miles for most of the year. Looking back through my training log there was a stretch of time where I ran everyday for almost 3 months straight. I have only raced once (the Miami Half Marathon in January) but was hoping to race a bunch in the fall and perhaps PR for a 5K and Half Marathon. I am worried about how much of my fitness I will lose taking an entire month off, and how effectively I will be able to train when I get back. I am hoping to run another half either in December (Memphis) or perhaps Miami again in January, but we will see how my recovery goes. My doctor said that after 4 weeks I should be fine to run, but that it may cause the swelling to increase in my jaw area until my body gets used to it. We shall see....But for now I will continue running as if I am training for something. Last night Jonathan and I went over the the East Bay bike path and ran a small workout. 2 mile wu, :30 (:30), 1:00 (1:00), 1:30 (1:30), 2:00 (2:00), 2:00 (2:00), 1:30 (1:30), 1:00 (1:00), :30 (:30), WD for a total of 5 miles. This morning I went 3.25 in 25:39.

1 comment:

  1. heres my workout :

    2 x coors light for all night long

    - good luck !!!

    ReplyDelete