Saturday, August 15, 2009

Food

Yesterday was my first real day of trying out food I made myself in the blender. I made a smoothie with Rice Krispies, milk, honey and peanut butter which was pretty good and then another one with banana, chocolate ice cream, milk and peanut butter which was really great. I get full really quickly these days and can only 'eat' about 6 ounces at a time.

Last night Jonathan went over to Gracies to get me some dinner. I was just expecting some of my favorite corn soup, but he came back with a ton of stuff including some home-made coffee ice cream, watermelon gazpacho, tomato gazpacho, cucumber soup and this chocolate mixture which I believe they use to make the Dark Chocolate Pot de Creme on the dessert menu. I ate some corn soup, and some of the chocolate mixture and felt a bit spoiled that the food I am eating in liquid form has so much more flavor than the food I eat on a regular basis (bagels, grapenuts, yogurt, sandwiches). I am so grateful to Ellen and Joe and everyone at Gracies for always being so kind and accommodating my very picky eating habits. Sadly, it will be many more weeks until I can eat Gracie's beer bread and gnocchi, but the food I have now will definitely hold me over till then.

This morning when I was having my first meal (strawberry banana vivanno from Starbucks) I saw a FedEx truck outside the house. The guy brought a large box up to the house which contained ice cream from my friend and former boss, Nicole. There were two different chocolate flavors and two vanilla and I am really looking forward to making some meals with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment