Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lisa Needs Braces 2.0

Well, not technically my last orthodontist appointment ever, but my last orthodontist appointment before my surgery. They put some hooks on my braces so that the surgeon can use them to band my jaw together after the surgery. As you can see from the picture below they somehow make having braces on even worse. It looks like that episode from the Simpsons when Lisa had to get braces. Since Homer's union has given up their dental plan in exchange for a keg of beer the Simpson's have to now pay for Lisa's braces themselves they have to buy her the cheapest, most gigantic and ugly braces. If you do not remember the episode, I have put a picture above the one of my braces with the hooks so you can see the similarities.

Nothing much else of note. They took final x-rays and my orthodontists said to anticipate being in the braces for about another 6 months after surgery. That will mean this entire process will have taken 25 months. Is it worth it? I guess we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment