Tuesday, August 11, 2009

T minus 1 day

One more day to go. It just so happened that yesterday was the hottest day of the year. Jonathan and I have lived comfortably all summer without putting the air conditioning window units in, but yesterday's heat and humidity forced us to give in. Jonathan put a window unit in the guest bedroom where we have been sleeping (and where I will be staying during my recovery) while the bathroom off our bedroom is being redone. He also set up a nice big flat screen in there so I will be able to watch the Track and Field World Championships on TV when they start on the 12th. Normally I am adamantly opposed to TVs in the bedroom, but I think under these circumstances it is permissible.


Also, while I was out running last night, Jonathan was kind enough to go and pick up my prescriptions and some other things that may help to assist me with my eating/recovery. He got some turkey basters in order to help me squirt all of my meals into my mouth since I will be unable to create suction and therefore unable to use a straw for the first week. He also got me some ice cream, some small dixie cups and some chicken stock.


We also decided on a place for my last meal before surgery. At first I thought I wanted to eat a big steak, but my favorite steak place in Providence (XO) closed and the other place that has great steaks, Mills Tavern, has terrible service so I did not want to spend my last meal being irritated by the dining experience. I also wanted a place that had great desserts. I decided that Al Forno would be a good place to go. Normally I try my best to avoid that place because they do not take reservations and it is always jammed on the weekends and it is not unusual to wait upwards of 2-3 hours for a table, especially in the summertime, but since it is a Tuesday night, I think it should be okay. The food is Northern Italian and they are famous for their grilled pizza, but I am thinking I will skip the grilled pizza in favor of the corn fritters and fresh buffalo mozzarella and then have baked pasta in the pink and either the blueberry tart or the chocolate cake for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment