Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The pain arrives

It is finally here. After a week of being virtually pain free, the pain has finally arrived. It started last evening when Jonathan and I went out to take a walk. I have been walking about an hour or so in the mornings just to keep my legs moving and to give myself a reason to get out of the house. Typically I go out around 6:30AM or so while the sun is still coming up and it it is still cool out. I try to pick routes that have benches along the way in case I get tired and need to sit down and rest.

Last evening, however, Jonathan and I set out to walk and at only 10 minutes in I began to feel exhausted and my chin and jaw were tingling. Not only that but the sun was giving me a headache and I kept having to close my eyes when we walked so that I wouldn't be in so much pain. When we got home I sat down on the stairs to rest for a bit and then went inside and put the TV on. I don't know if it was the light from the TV or the combination of the light and the sound, but I began to get a shooting headache. I turned the TV and the lights off and lay down on my back on the couch. I tried to lay on my side, but then the sides of my face began to ache and the pain began running up the sides of my face from my jaw line all the way up toward my cheekbones (the left side much more than the right side). I think because the numbness is beginning to subside around my jawline I am finally beginning to feel this pain (still no feeling in my chin or lip, however). I went up to bed and had a very difficult time falling asleep even though my body was utterly exhausted. I woke up at around 3AM with a sharp pain in my left cheek and near my left ear. Jonathan wanted me to take some pain medication but I felt like I could do without. I woke up this morning with not too much pain, but just some dull aching in the sides of my face.

On my walk this morning (3.5 miles), I felt good and swung by the gym to weigh myself. Despite drinking like a pig yesterday I am down another lb. Looks like more ice cream and whipped cream are needed in the diet :).

No comments:

Post a Comment