Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fever and bleeding

Last evening Jonathan and I went to the movies because I again was about to go insane from being in the house all day. We saw the movie 'In the Loop' which was hysterical and not in that penis-joke kind of way but in that smart, intellectual way. I was completely exhausted by the time we got home and went right to bed. I woke up 2 hours later drenched in sweat. My t-shirt was saturated as were my sweat pants (we were sleeping with the air conditioning on). I am guessing I had been running a fever earlier in the evening and didn't know it. I changed my clothes and went back to sleep only to awaken a couple of hours later with this metallic taste in my mouth. Because my jaw is banded shut my only real choice is to swallow whatever it is that is in my mouth or on my tongue, or to try and thin it out with mouthwash or water and hope I can get it to seep through my front teeth so I can then spit it out or brush it away with a toothbrush. When I woke up this AM I still had that metallic taste so I went downstairs, gargled with mouthwash and saw blood coming through my front teeth. I am thinking that the area where they removed my wisdom teeth must have started bleeding during the night, but I was told to expect some bleeding the first couple of weeks so I am not too concerned yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment