Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Anniversary

Today actually marks the anniversary of 2 events in my life, one much more important than the other, but an anniversary nonetheless. Lets save the important anniversary for last. Today is two weeks since my surgery. I am now back to going into the office and most of the swelling in my face is gone. I am down another pound since last week, so I have lost a total of 7 lbs since the surgery and my wedding and engagement rings are super loose on my finger. I still have no feeling in my lower lip or my chin and the side of my jaw that had the infection still feels lumpy compared to the other side of my jaw.

Today is also my and Jonathan's wedding anniversary. To celebrate I got some cupcakes from a great bakery in Boston called Sweet and was hoping to put them in the blender with some ice cream and milk and have a great shake. The only problem is that when I blended the cupcake it didn't taste any different than a normal vanilla shake and I was really disappointed. Since we couldn't go out to eat, Jonathan and I went to see 500 Days of Summer. On the ride home Jonathan asked if I was craving certain foods and I said I really wanted cheese and pizza but in general I just wanted to be able to not have to work for my food. I just wanted to pop one of the pieces of the mango I was cutting this evening right after I cut them, or lick the icing off those cupcakes instead of having to wait to add all the other ingredients and make a salsa I could drink. Maybe I am just impatient, but I like to taste the ingredients of things I am making as I make them and not being able to do that makes me unhappy.

Below are the two week pictures. Jaw is much less swollen.

No comments:

Post a Comment