Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to work

One positive thing about the surgeon's visit yesterday was that he said I could go back to work. I am very excited about this because even though I was only working from home for about 6 days, I was starting to really get sick of having no interaction with any other human beings everyday save for the contractors working on the bathroom (them and my cats, of course). I hated being inside and having to communicate everything over email and using the remote desktop system our work has set up because it is painfully slow and tends to go down quite frequently. I had taken to emailing all the documents I needed to my personal account so I could avoid working on the remote desktop but it was really tedious and I was constantly having to flip back and forth between my home desktop and the remote desktop in order to find documents and files. I know a good deal of people who work from home, but I honestly cannot see how they do it without going absolutely insane. In the same way you sometimes get sick of your office or you dread going into work, I was starting to get kind of sick of my own house. By the time Jonathan came home every night I was climbing the walls wanting to just get out of the house, even if it was only to go to the gym. This was actually kind of a good thing for us because we started doing things we usually don't do during weekday evenings, like going out to the movies. In the past 2 weeks we have gone out to see 4 movies (Inglorious Basterds, Time Travelers Wife, In the Loop, and the Hurt Locker) and it has been really great and I hope it is something that we can keep up even though I am returning to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment