Monday, September 21, 2009

I can eat a steak

This past Friday night I decided to test out my jaw by eating my first steak since my surgery. Actually I wasn't really trying to test the jaw out, but steak was the only thing on the menu that I could actually eat since I do not eat fish or pork. I actually was able to eat the steak and had very little pain or issue chewing. I was so excited about being able to eat steak that I ordered it again the next night at Restaurant Iris in Memphis. The food at Iris was really great and the chef Kelly English was recently named Food and Wine's Best New Chef. I had bread pudding to wash it down and left feeling really happy.

One thing I forgot to mention was that last week when I went to the surgeon I told him about the pain I had been having in my jaw. He examined me and said he suspected it was just a muscle strain that was causing the pain and soreness and he gave me some muscle relaxers to take at night before I go to bed. I have actually only taken it once since he prescribed it but it really did help to alleviate the pain I had been feeling.

In some other good news, I finally have a week where I have no doctors appointments. Last week was killer with the orthodontist appointment, my annual physical and my surgeon appointment. I am glad to finally have a break from having to sit in a doctors office.

No comments:

Post a Comment