Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sores

There have been few developments since I went to the surgeon last week. Since he okayed me to run I have been running/walking about an hour and a half everyday which has greatly improved my appetite but also caused my jaw to swell slightly. I haven't been so good about doing my heat compresses but hopefully being more diligent about that will cause the swelling to subside.

One thing that is new is sores inside my mouth from the rubbing of my bands and my braces against my lips. I have these sores on my lip and on the inside of my right cheek. It actually doesn't bother me too much because I am still numb in these areas but I do notice that much of my swelling is in the areas where I have these sores.

As I mentioned above, the return to more vigorous exercise has caused me to be constantly hungry. I can open my mouth pretty wide without the bands and can chew a bit too so I have been eating like a pig. I have gained a couple of pounds back and hopefully I can get a few more on in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment